– They play with the Norwegian national team tonight. Norway will be humiliated, said NRK commentator Olav Traaen midway through the match.
Norway delivered away from the football festivities on the Spanish island of Ibiza on Thursday.
Because in popular holiday destinations, most are a team that represents life and joy. Spain did not give up until they scored four goals and finally won the match with a score of 4-2.
– We’re too far today. We need a better collective than today. This is a picture of the battle that does not suit the Norwegians. Spain is left to dominate and do what they want, he concluded NRK Specialist Carl-Erik Torp.
The national team manager is disappointed with the players
Ada Hegerberg was in charge of one of Norway’s few appearances in the match. After a long break from football, which lasted more than 200 days, the striker scored a 1-1 goal for Norway in just 20 minutes. The Lyon player’s last national team game occurred during a 1-0 win over Belgium in a World Cup qualifier last September.
– It’s great to be back in Norway and be with the girls again. It’s a tough game and a tough result. We got two goals which was good for us but we have a lot of things we still have to work on to prepare for WC, Ada Hegerberg told NRK.
But that score is of little use. Because shortly after, Jennifer Hermoso scored her second goal of the night. Salma Paralluelo also kept up with two scores shortly after the break.
– We actually won some first and second balls. It was a bit of a disappointing game from us today, in my opinion, national team manager Hege Riise told NRK.
Especially the Norwegian defense which had a hard time against Spain. In the first half, the Spanish team created chance after chance.
– It was the Norwegian defense that couldn’t be put together, said NRK Torp expert.
During the match, NRK commentators Torp and Traaen drew parallels with the 0-8 loss against England during last year’s EC.
– The way we defend ourselves can remind us of that a bit. “We don’t have the quality to play against Spain collectively,” said Torp.
Just minutes after Hegerberg’s goal, Norway got cold water showered on its face with Hermoso’s goal.
– This is worrying. You’d think the score gives us a bit of confidence, so we’re just as defensive, says the NRK expert.
– It’s not good at all. It looks stupid, said Traaen after Spain’s 3-1 score.
The second half was also dominated by Spain, but Norway got a bit of a push then Cesilie Andreassen was reduced to 2–4.
In recent months, there has been a somewhat weakened Spanish national team playing international matches. In September last year, 15 national team players resigned in protest.
The unions responded with threats of sanctions if they did not issue an apology. According to Spanish newspaper Marca, the reason must be the players not wanting to play during Jorge Vilda’s time as national team manager.
Vilda remains national team manager, and some players are still protesting.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”