Monterrey is a modern city that retains its traditional features and has a lot of attractions that show those two facets, such as its historic museums or skyscrapers that make us see why the city is considered a business city. However, beyond being a city where you work hard, any of the flights to Monterrey Mexico allow us to know an iconic city that has many places to spend some exciting days.
Museums of great importance
* Museum of the Government Palace: It is located in the Santa Lucia Canal complex and was inaugurated in 2006 in a restored centenary building: Here you can learn some of the most important political, economic and social events in the history of Nuevo León.
* Museum of Mexican History: Although the design of its headquarters is avant-garde, this institution offers an exhibition about the history of Mexico from pre-Hispanic times to modernity. One of its spaces is dedicated to biodiversity and the geological aspects of Nuevo Leon and Mexico.
* Museum of the Northeast: It was another of the buildings conditioned during the modernization and restoration of the central helmet of Monterrey, and exhibits historical pieces of the territory. Currently occupied by Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Coahuila and part of the US state of Texas.
The towers that will allow you to see the whole city
* Pabellón Monterrey Tower: It rises 214 meters, being the tallest tower in Monterrey and northern Mexico. In several points of its 50 floors, there are terraces to admire the city and its surroundings; it also has a hotel, convention center for 3800 people, brand stores, restaurants and other facilities.
* Ciudadana Tower: It has 180 meters, located in the Fundidora Park and is the second tower in Monterrey; it can be admired in all its majesty from the Santa Lucia Canal. The government owns it and most of its 36 floors are occupied by state government offices.
Places totally filled with history of the city
* Old Quarter: This is a place where when walking through its cobbled streets, you can admire beautiful colonial houses of the time in which the territory had the condition of a kingdom in the New World under the command of Spain.
* Metropolitan Cathedral of Monterrey: It is a beautiful eighteenth-century building that combines a baroque facade with the neoclassical style. In its architecture are distinguished a three-body tower, an octagonal dome and a central nave in which the chapels of its sides stand out, the chapel of the tabernacle is the most particular due to its silver front.
Go out and enjoy the delicious regional cuisine
The cuisine of Monterrey boasts dishes such as cabrito al pastor, machaca, arrachera, cuajitos and beans with poison, so called because they carry two types of chili peppers that make them truly powerful. The capital has a wide variety of places where you can enjoy the exquisite regional cuisine.
Give an opportunity to this magnificent city of continuous advance, take some of the flights to Monterrey Mexico and discover why it is one of the best cities to visit.