– The (injured players, journ.anm.) don’t come, and they don’t become important. Discussing what could have happened, or who could have done this or that, was pointless. “They are Norway’s least important players right now,” said Solbakken.
The accusations for Turkey’s important match (Friday) have almost become a nightmare for the Norwegian national team manager.
André Hansen, Kristoffer Ajer, Alexander Sørloth and Erling Braut Haaland are just a number of from inaccessible players, and on Monday Solbakken had to add Bråtveit.
Strømsgodset goalkeeper Viljar Myhra joins the squad.
– It’s been extreme, but we can’t do anything. I’ve reset myself, and finished it today early. We’ve had a good training meeting where we’ve made some battle plans. I’ve spoken to a few players and presented them with what we think, and they’ve been allowed to make their contribution – just like they received the previous collection. We are prepared to have to use different formations and battle plans depending on how the battle progresses. We need to see who gets the best relationship in the shortest time – and maybe use someone in a new position. That’s what I spend my time on, says Solbakken and adds:
– At the same time, I know that my wife feels sorry for me, and I have a lot of support everywhere. But nothing helps in the history books. The only thing that holds true in the future is whether Norway comes to the playoffs. I feel unattractive.
With Bråtveit injured, Solbakken now has Myhra, Sten Grytebust and rjan Håskjold Nyland to choose from, but the choice has been made.
This was revealed by the national team manager to NRK.
– rjan stood up, said Solbakken.
– You’re not worried about the lack of playing time?
– It’s never ideal not to finish, but you don’t have to be Einstein to understand that it’s up to him. In many ways, other alternatives have been reviewed, said Solbakken, which also suggested that Uusimaa had a chance against Gibraltar.
Lose more matches
Haaland confirmed Monday morning that he will not be ready for international matches against Turkey and Montenegro.
He may be out for another two or three weeks.
The Borussia Dortmund striker has not been able to escape the thigh injury that has plagued him recently.
– I think he will be back in training in two or three weeks, national team doctor Ola Sand told NRK.
That means he has been in charge of games for the German club lately. The national team’s decline has been in the air since the withdrawal a week ago.
“Hey guys it’s hard not to be ready for an international match. Have enjoyed myself. Anyway, good luck to Norway”, wrote the target thief Twitter.
The national team always realized that there was no way Haaland would be ready for the decisive matches against Turkey and Montenegro.
– We have had a good dialogue with Dortmund and the doctors who treated him. Have received ultrasound images and MRI images, and talk to them almost every day. “I’ve also spoken to Erling regularly,” Sands said.
– There is less than 50% chance that he will be ready when we take him out.
– Haven’t experienced anything similar
Former national team manager Egil Olsen believes Norway’s injury situation is very special.
– It is clear that this weakens us. “I don’t remember experiencing anything like this,” Olsen told NRK.
Joshua King, André Hansen, Alexander Sørloth, Sander Berge, Kristoffer Ajer, Mathias Normann, Fredrik Midtsjø and Jonas Svensson were previously sidelined through injury.
He also believes this could affect the start of the Turkish match.
– I think one point is not so desirable, and if Ståle thought the same, he might have been more careful in Istanbul. After all, Turkey will come back from last 1-6 against the Netherlands, according to the former Norwegian national team manager.
Although it was expected that Haaland would have to report the passport, it was still bad news.
Haaland is Norway’s biggest star and is considered by many to be one of the world’s top five strikers. Without him in the squad, Norway would be missing an important dimension. He has scored twelve national team goals in just one year.
– Norway weakened
HamKam coach and former national team player Kjetil Rekdal believes Norway will travel to Istanbul as a weakened national team.
– Very. Haaland is one of the best strikers in the world. Norway weakened, needless to say, he commented.
Like Drillo, he has no recollection of experiencing so many injuries to the national team at once.
– But it’s been a tough fall with a lot of games for a lot of players, said Rekdal.
– There are very many maturities.
– But do you still believe in victory?
– Very. Turkey is unstable, says the man behind the national team’s most famous penalty kick.
– Good defensive play and quick counter attacks will be the recipe, he believes.
Delete messages from Germany
The Norwegian national team management have opened the door for Haaland in recent days, but the tone is completely different from the management at Borussia Dortmund.
After Sunday’s 2-1 win over Augsburg in the Bundesliga, sporting director Sebastian Kehl was very clear that Haaland would remain in Germany.
– Basically all clubs are obliged to release their players (for the editorial record of national team matches). “But Erling is currently injured, has not been able to play for us and will not be able to participate in team training in the coming weeks,” he told Westdeutschen newspaper Allgemeine Zeitung.
If Haaland had played an international match, the injury could have been much worse.
– In the worst case, the bleeding becomes so intense that it can last from four weeks to three months, Sand says.
The Netherlands and Norway top the group with 13 points after six of ten games. Turkey is in third place with eleven.
The match against Turkey will be played in Istanbul on Friday, while the opponents are Montenegro in Oslo on Monday.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”