MANCHESTER (Dagbladet): – I’m not fit. I am far from fit. The level is actually very, very embarrassing.
Here’s what former Manchester United captain Roy Keane had to say on the programme “Ball Out” in England. He is currently an expert for Sky Sports and stated that injuries from his career affected him.
He has been wanted several times in legend matches in England. But he was just without a chance.
– Just because I’m not gaining weight doesn’t mean I’m fit. “I can’t really run,” said Keane.
– Let me put it this way: In the last few years, I have been invited several times to play legends matches, or whatever they are called. But I will find it difficult, because I can’t move. I have too many injury problems.
The 51-year-old played at Manchester United from 1993 to 2005. He and Sir Alex Ferguson did not have a good tone in the late stages. Keane is outspoken, who is also an expert. He ended his career at Celtic in 2006.
Keane is known as a stubborn figure who will lead the war when United play a match. Among other things, he crushed his cruciate ligament against Leeds in 1997. Alfie Haaland suspected that it was a charade and shouted at him. Four years later, the Norwegian was the target of a terrible tackle from Keane in retaliation.
– I try to have a proper diet, he said.
– But I’m not in good enough shape to do running exercises. I cycle a little. But I’m also not Sean Kelly (Ireland’s former top cyclist) there.
There’s nothing wrong with the chat box – on the other hand.
Last weekend, he criticized Manchester United, when his team lost 2-1 to Brighton. Scott McTominay and Fred were allowed to undergo.
– They’re not good enough. They will not make Manchester United compete in the top flight. We see it week after week.
About Cristiano Ronaldo, Keane said:
– Obviously something is wrong. It wasn’t just that he didn’t participate in the warm-up season for “family reasons”. But he has made it clear that he wants to go to play in the Champions League.
Football pundits believe manager Erik ten Hag can set an example by letting Ronaldo go.
– The union will survive. They need a replacement or two. They couldn’t rely on Anthony Martial.
Keane said ten Hag could also put his foot down and told Ronaldo: “You stay, because we want you to score 20 goals or more.”
Manchester United will face Brentford on Saturday.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”