Data storage and recording
By visiting this website, some technical data about your internet connection and browser is stored. This data can be categorized as follows:
- Cookies in your browser
- Technical info on the server
- User information in database
Cookies are a mechanism by which your browser can handle information it receives from websites, and then sends it back to websites later. This is done automatically without the user having to think about it.
Cookies may serve several functions, such as tracking settings, as which user you are logged in, what you access, helping to ensure that you receive the right content, tracking ad impressions and more.
Cookies make it possible to track those settings and other things over time, making the information more accessible on repeated visits to the website. Cookies are also used for temporary handling of user-specific information when visiting different parts of the same website.
Cookies are stored automatically by your browser as small text files on your computer. You can change the settings for how cookies will be handled in your browser.
Cookies can be provided by any type of content on the website, be it text pages, images and more. Cookies are only sent back to the site from which you got them, not to other sites.
This website stores cookies to manage three levels of functionality:
- Critical cookies are used to track user information, access, some personal settings and more. Without this, the website will not function as intended.
- Analytics cookies are used to track website traffic, which sections are most popular, which sections are used most frequently, and much more. Some of these are third party cookies provided by external service providers. Cookies for analytical functions are used to improve the website (which is constantly being developed), but are not essential to the functionality of the website.
- Advertising cookies are used by internal and third party advertising systems to track and track ad impressions.
There is a statutory requirement that this information be made available to you as a user of the website that uses the cookie.
When you visit a website, the web server will record some technical information such as your IP address, which browser you are using and the time each time you request data from the server i.e. when you click an internal link and load a new website or related data such as font , images, various scripts required for the website to work.
This data is only stored for a certain period of time to perform troubleshooting and error correction in the system, and is never shared with newspaper employees or third parties.
We store some information about you as a user. No sensitive information is stored on this website, but simple contact information that you provide when creating a user account or purchasing services in the online newspaper will be stored in our database. This is required to be able to provide services to you. This data is deleted when you delete your user account.
About whom do we store data?
If you visit this website without registering a user account or subscribing, the following data about you is stored:
- Some technical information such as IP address and browser are stored in web server logs. This technical information is stored for 180 days, and is necessary for the service to function and to ensure security. This data is never disclosed to newspaper employees or third parties.
- Google Analytics counts page views to maintain visitor statistics. This information is anonymized and cannot be used to track you.
- Certain third party services such as downloaded fonts and scripts may log your IP address and other information on external servers.
- Cookies are set to identify you as a user while browsing the website. These are deleted when you close your browser, or after 360 minutes of inactivity at the latest.
Logged in users and customers:
If you choose to create a user account and/or subscribe to the online newspaper, the following information will also be stored about you:
- Name, address and other contact information that you provide yourself in the registration process. This data is stored until you delete your user account.
- Information about your subscription, e.g. when it was purchased, how to pay for it, a few digits from your credit card, the duration of the subscription, and which subscription you have. This data is stored until the user account is deleted.
- If you buy access using SMS Mikrobetaling, your mobile purchase information is stored for 30 days.
- Simple data about which articles you have read and how many articles you have read. These are used to improve our content and are deleted if you delete your user account.
NB: After data is deleted, it can still be stored for up to 180 days in a backup. Backups are stored with high security and restricted access, and are required to be able to perform troubleshooting and ensure the safety of users and computer systems.
The following general conditions apply if you have created user accounts and/or subscriptions:
Trav365.no – conditions
Your subscription automatically renews for the subscription period you have selected until you cancel your subscription. This also applies to digital subscriptions paid for by credit card. However, the service is available for the period you have paid for. Subscriptions without an agreed commitment period may be terminated at any time with seven days’ notice and take effect from the next due date.
All rights to services and content belong to Trav365.no. It is not permitted to copy, distribute or reproduce such content without consent with us.
Trav365.no digital services may from time to time be fully or partially unavailable due to maintenance or for other reasons. As far as practical, we will try to keep users informed of limited availability. Continuing problems with access to digital services should be notified.
However, Trav365.no shall not be liable under any circumstances for any consequences or losses as a result of the product and service not being able to use as intended.
As a user of this website, you may contact the newspaper to have your data released and/or deleted.
If you have a user account/subscription, you can go to the user profile and download saved data, and delete the user account and related data at any time.
You can also clear all local data in your browser. The procedure for this varies between different browsers and devices.
Recommendations: Using YourOnlineChoices.com’s EU service, you can control to some extent how different advertising providers track you, as well as read many great tips on how you can customize which ads are shown. Open YourOnlineChoices.com in a new window.
NB: Certain important system data found in, for example, web server logs will not be able to be deleted on request, but this will be deleted automatically after a certain amount of time according to the information above.
If you press REJECT, no cookies will be stored in your browser and no data about you will be recorded in our database. It also means we can’t know whether you’ve agreed or not, so you’ll see this warning on every page you visit. Technical information (web server logs) will still store your IP address and browser information, but these will continue to be deleted as described above.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”