José Felix Díaz received TV 2 in place of Marca, which, despite being a pure sports newspaper, is the most read newspaper in Spain.
The experienced reporter is the editor-in-chief of the Real Madrid newspaper. He has been covering “Los Blancos” for 32 years and is often the first to come out with news of the transition to and from the capital’s giants.
To his more than 130,000 followers on Twitter, in the last year he often received updates on Kylian Mbappé’s estimated transfer to Real Madrid.
20.00: Real Madrid – PSG
TV 2 Play
But Díaz doesn’t think the Frenchman will be the only young attacking star to wear the royal white for the summer.
– Yes, yes, yes, he answered the question of whether Real Madrid are capable of such a spectacular double signing.
Admittedly, this was not always the case, he believed.
– This situation has become a wave. Some time ago, Real Madrid considered it impossible. They doubt that they can pay what is required for agents and representatives and player salaries, and compete with various offers, Díaz said and continued:
– In the last few weeks, things have changed. Now they see it as possible and deserving of Mbappe and Haaland.
– I think it will be a brutal blow to any other team in the world. If they manage to round up Mbappe and Haaland, who players around the world are talking about, it will almost be at the mercy of everyone, journalist Marca says.
Real Madrid already have a star striker who, despite being 34, is better than ever: Karim Benzema has been the team’s most important offensive player this season and has a contract until the summer of 2023.
– Is there room for Haaland and Benzema in the Real Madrid squad next season?
– In recent years, Benzema has become one of the best strikers in the world. He is indispensable for Real Madrid now. But Benzema is very smart. He played alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and managed to adapt. After all, he only had a little time, maybe a year, maybe three. “Until then, I’m sure he can coexist with Haaland and maybe play in a slightly lower position on the pitch,” said Díaz.
At Marca’s editorial office, they hope Haaland’s case will be clarified in the coming weeks.
Comes with City plug
At the tiny tapas bar “El Rincón de Toñin”, famed Real Madrid supporter Toñin El Torero prepares to accept Haaland if he chooses the Spanish capital as his next destination.
It risks hurting his head.
When Real Madrid plays at home, he is always at the Santiago Bernabéu. But during away games he stands over the bar. And the enthusiastic bar owner celebrated every Real Madrid goal with a running speed and ringing the bell hanging over the bar.
– Mbappé, Haaland, three or four goals every game, bang, bang, bang… I’m going to be so dizzy, he laughs.
ROD: Toñin El Torero has a very special ritual every time Real Madrid scores a goal while standing on the crossbar. Photo: Elias Engevik.
He sent a challenge towards Erling Braut Haaland:
– You’re a good player. But if you want to be the best you have to come to Real Madrid!
He lists the club’s greats: Alfredo di Stéfano, Ferenc Puskás, Francisco Gento, Luís Figo, Zinédine Zidane, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo.
– Do you think Haaland could have a career like Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid?
– I’m sure of it. He could be the biggest goalscorer of the decade.
– Another favorite to sign Haaland is Manchester City. Why should he choose Real Madrid?
– City is a club owned by the sheikh with oil money. Real Madrid belongs to the fans. That’s what makes Real Madrid the greatest club in the world, says Toñin El Torero.
On Wednesday night, he was front row behind goal at the north corner at the Santiago Bernabéu and hopes Real Madrid can bounce back after losing 1-0 to PSG in the first Champions League quarter-final.
You can watch the big games in Madrid on TV 2 Sport Premium 1 and TV 2 Play. Broadcast starts at 20.00.
“Hardcore zombie fan. Incurable internet advocate. Subtly charming problem solver. Freelance twitter ninja.”