– It’s hard to say now, because my thoughts are focused on the toilet. “This is probably my last World Cup, of course, my fifth World Cup,” said Ronaldo Interview.
Ronaldo was ill and did not feature as Portugal beat Nigeria 4-0 on Thursday night.
– I don’t know what will happen after the World Cup, but as I said before, and I’ll say it again: The fans will always be in my heart. I hope they will be by my side, he added.
Ronaldo spared no expense in an interview with journalist and TV personality Piers Morgan. In the first part of the interview, which was published at the weekend, he blasted United and manager Erik ten Hag.
“The club will make a statement as soon as all the facts come to light,” United wrote in a press release.
Ronaldo also spoke in interviews about interest from Saudi Arabia this summer.
– It’s true, yes. But what the press runs and writes about, trash, is that nobody wants me, which is completely wrong, said the Portuguese.
– And I’m happy here, to be honest. I’m motivated to do a good season here, but they keep repeating that nobody wants Cristiano. How can they not want a player who scored 32 goals last year? he asked rhetorically.
The interview with Morgan has made headlines around the world.
– They criticize me when I don’t speak, so of course they will criticize me when I do – maybe more. But it is something I can live with. I know I will disappoint some people. “Maybe I’ll make it up to some people,” said the veteran.
Ronaldo joined United for the second time in his career in the summer of 2021 from Juventus. Previously, he spent six years at the club until 2009.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”