– You can breathe! I’m well! And to some extent, even unexpected decisions. I hope it gets worse. Good! – said State Duma deputy Nikolai Valuev, who reacted in such a way to information Thursday that FIFA had no intention of suspending the membership of the Russian Federation RFU.
– In comparison, who is who? “We present the IOC as a vivid example of political commitment, and instead, let’s take FIFA, where our case demonstrates the freedom of sport from politics,” added the former world boxing champion.
Russians talk about justice. “Worst case scenario doesn’t come true”
As reported by Russia’s “Sport Express”, “72nd Congress International Football Federation (FIFA) could be fatal for Russia. However, the worst case scenario did not materialize – our status in the organization did not change. “
Russia’s concerns about this arose when the item on the agenda of the annual meeting was: “Suspension of membership or expulsion from the association”. Sport Express added that it was initially assumed to be the football association of Zimbabwe and Kenya, which was temporarily disqualified as a regular member of FIFA due to government interference in their affairs.
However, due to the lack of additional information, it is possible that the sanctions will also have an impact on the RFU. – Of course, like any question, it may arise during the discussion. I don’t want that to happen. We can’t believe that we’ve done anything to talk about this issue. We hope and believe in the best-case scenario, said Alexei Sorokin, member of the Russian delegation for the Sports.ru portal.
During the discussion of the fourth point at the congress, the suspension of membership in the three national federations: Pakistan, Zimbabwe and Kenya was voted on by a majority of votes, and the question of the suspension of Russia’s membership was not even raised. The Russian people can breathe a sigh of relief. “Russia will remain part of the global football ecosystem,” comments on the Sports.ru portal.
“The anti-Russian madness is fading”. They won in Russia
“I am happy that FIFA does not focus on politics, but makes decisions according to the law,” said Vyacheslav Koloskov, honorary president of the RFU, quoted by Sport Express. – This is a sign of respect for the rules of the sport, the Russian Federation and the RFU. Apparently, our representatives also influenced the fact that this issue was not on the agenda. Now we have to restore the possibility to participate in international competitions from next season – he exclaimed.
Boris Pajkin, member of the Committee on Physical Culture and Sports of the Russian State Duma, goes further in his opinion. “Fifa’s refusal to consider the issue of removing Russia’s membership in the federation shows that the anti-Russian frenzy in the world community is weakening,” he said.
“FIFA boss Gianni Infantino has always been a diplomat and has maintained friendly relations with Russia. He also stressed to congress that the previous World Cups were very good and the exclusion of the RFU from FIFA” was not an option “, commented the daily Sport Express .
– The FIFA Congress is a great opportunity to communicate with representatives of football federations from around the world and FIFA. Despite external pressure, the RFU managed to maintain professional relations with its colleagues, said Alexander Alaev, secretary general of the RFU who led his delegation to congress. “RFU remains part of the football family, but at the same time will definitely continue to defend our right to participate in international CAS competitions,” he added.
– Look: nothing is said about the removal of Russia or about the suspension of membership. Thread. I am very happy that things turned out this way today – said RFU ethics committee member and former Spartak goalkeeper Anzor Kavazashvili.
The official Russian language at FIFA. “And so,” commented the Russian
As Russia aptly points out, the fact that FIFA does not exclude Russia, but also approves of Russian as the official language of the organization.
Previously, organizational documentation was in four languages (English, German, Spanish and French). However, ahead of the Doha congress, it was proposed to add Arabic, Portuguese and Russian languages. 187 representatives voted “for” and 4 representatives voted “against”.
“I am pleased that the language of Dostoyevsky and Pushkin has now approached football. With this gesture, FIFA emphasizes the importance of the Russian team to the football family, although not directly,” wrote Gosz Chernov, journalist for Sport Express.
– The Russian language has long been officially recognized by the United Nations and UNESCO, as well as by many other international organizations. It is spoken by 258 million people. Therefore, it is even surprising that the new FIFA is now finding our way into our language. By the way, the organization’s website has long been available in Russian, but now official documentation will also be stored there, “he argued.
All this only shows that the FIFA congress turned out to be a great victory for Russia and a great disgrace to the world football organization. Gianni Infantino et al., even with empty words, were able to show only for a moment that they were actually opposed to the Russian aggression against Ukraine. In the end, the 52-year-old Swiss love for Russian and Arab money won again.
“Reader. Future teen idol. Falls down a lot. Amateur communicator. Incurable student.”