Martin degaard (23) has shocked Arsenal and London this season. The team is fourth in the Premier League. And in the last game, degaard has become captain.
The Norwegian coach’s achievements surprised and amazed football pundits in London:
– He’s in charge. It’s rare for a player so young, former Arsenal man Alan Smith told Sky Sports.
– Giving him the armband feels right to me, says Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp.
– He may not be the most verbal of players, but he manages the people around him. She is beautiful to look at.
Watch the TV clip below.
Jamie Redknapp on degaard captaining Arsenal: “It just felt right for me. He may not be the most vocal but when you see him play, he sets people up, he plays the right pass. You can see from Arteta’s point of view, he’s almost the manager on the pitch.” pic.twitter.com/F5MsZphQVH
– afcstuff (@afcstuff) May 2, 2022
Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny, Granit Xhaka and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang have all gone down in history as Arsenal’s less-than-successful captains.
Aubameyang was originally the captain this season. In December, he was stripped of his bonds for disciplinary reasons.
Lacazette was captain when he played. But he was disappointed and lost his place in recent weeks. Therefore, the volume becomes degaard.
– By signing him, they may have solved a problem Arsenal have had for a number of years. Xhaka was captain for a while, it didn’t work. They put a bandage on Lacazette. Hardly anyone wants to be captain, says Redknapp.
– If you look at it with Mikel Arteta’s eyes, he (Ødegaard) is almost a manager on the pitch. He is the future. He’s a great player. He’s a good guy too. This is a masterpiece of Arteta.
degaard is listed with six goals and five assists this season. He is also the captain of Norway.
Arteta has previously stated that the 23-year-old has DNA in him to become Arsenal’s permanent captain.
On Sunday, Arsenal play at home against Leeds.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”