Manchester City won 5-1 over Wolverhampton last night and are eyeing gold in the Premier League.
The focus of today’s British paper newspapers? Erling Braut Haaland.
One of Kevin De Bruyne’s celebrations – who scored four goals – was linked to Haaland’s yoga celebration against Paris Saint-Germain in 2020.
De Bruyne denied after the game that the celebrations had anything to do with Haaland. But British paper newspapers are very loose these days.
“Zensational” and “Zensation” are recurring headlines.
The titles are puns about “sensation” and “zen”, terms related to meditation.
– Who needs Haaland? asked The Daily Telegraph. The article is illustrated with a picture of De Bruyne, who made a shock away from home at the Molineux Stadium.
First and foremost, there is the ecstasy that the world’s most coveted footballer will go to the Premier League. But there’s no shortage of warnings, including from the profile of Germany’s Dietmar Hamann.
“I was surprised by the transfer,” the former Liverpool and Manchester City man told the newspaper Picture.
– Pep Guardiola prefers to play as a striker, and often brings in Phil Foden and Raheem Sterling. Haaland doesn’t really fit in here. I thought until recently that he would end up elsewhere.
also english talkSPORT have spoken to Hamann. On his transfer to Manchester City, he emphasized:
– This is good news for the Premier League. This is definitely good news for City. He is a brilliant player.
But the Germans asked the club to be careful:
– He’s had a lot of muscle injuries in the last 12 months, so they have to be careful.
England pundits point out that Haaland will come to the Etihad Stadium for the club to win the Champions League. Given the injury situation, they doubt Pep Guardiola will use him, for example, in a cup league game.
For the first time last night, Guardiola spoke publicly about signing the club monster:
– He can definitely help us score more goals. But first, it’s about winning the game.
Guardiola was quick to point out that Haaland would not arrive until next season and his focus should be on the here and now.
First, City will complete the title race this season. With two games remaining, the team has a three-point lead over Liverpool.
– The work isn’t done yet. We’ve seen what Aston Villa – and West Ham can do – so we still have work to do, the Spaniard stressed.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”