Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov believes that Ukraine is now showing an “understanding of reality” regarding the future of the Crimean peninsula and the Donbass region of eastern Ukraine.
Lavrov said this at a press conference during his visit to India on Friday.
“Russia sees a much greater understanding from the Ukrainian side of the situation in the Donbas and Crimea,” he said bag.
– Negotiations are continuing without a final plan or agreement, Lavrov said and it is clear that there is a good basis for proceeding.
– There are moves in the negotiations between Moscow and Kyiv, including consideration of Ukraine’s non-aligned status, the foreign minister continued.
– There is progress when it sees that it is impossible for Ukraine to become a bloc state, that it is impossible for them to seek happiness in NATO.
Lavrov, previously critical of Ukraine’s position in the negotiations, now also says:
– The Ukrainian side demonstrated an understanding of the realities in the Donbas and Crimea in the negotiations.
Lavrov will hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar in New Delhi.
Sergei Lavrov also alluded to Vladimir Putin’s request that Europe pay for Russian gas in rubles – and not in any other currency.
– The payment scheme proposed by Russia is fair, the foreign minister believes.
Putin signed a decree late Thursday stating that buyers of Russian gas should be content with the ruble. Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Friday that there would be no immediate halt to gas supplies, as buyers have a full month to pay. RIA.
United States warns
The United States on Thursday warned India against relying on Russia as an oil supplier and guarantor in the event of an attack from China.
India is one of the countries that has not condemned the Russian invasion, and the Indian government has made it clear that it will continue to buy oil, weapons and military equipment from Russia. Joe Biden’s adviser, Daleep Singh, clearly expressed the United States’ dissatisfaction with India’s cooperation with Russia.
Russia’s chief negotiator with Ukraine, Vladimir Medinsky, also spoke on Friday. According to Meduza, he said:
– Our opinion about Crimea and Donbass has not changed.
“Tv nerd. Passionate food specialist. Travel practitioner. Web guru. Hardcore zombieaholic. Unapologetic music fanatic.”