- Eurosport Norway
Bicycle: Around Switzerland, 7th stage
- Eurosport 1
Bicycle: Around Belgium, 4th stage
- V sports 1
hand ball: Magdeburg – Barcelona, Semifinals CL
- Television 2
Football: Norway – Scotland, EC qualification
- TV 2 Sports 1
Football: Cyprus – Georgia, European Championship qualifiers
- TV 2 Sport Premium
Football: Belgium – Austria, EC qualification
- Television 3+
Golf: Major, US Open, 3rd round
- V sports 1
Motor sport: F1, Canadian GP, qualification
- Eurosport Norway
ULLEVAAL STADIUM (VG) National team captain Martin Ødegaard brought in the NRK legend to cheer on his team-mates days before the meeting with Scotland.
– He is the clear leader for this group both on and off the field, and someone I contact at least every 14 days.
Here’s how Ståle Solbakken opened up to a VG question about how he sees Martin Ødegaard’s development as captain and manager in recent years.
From being a great talent who never spoke to the greatest words among the press, Ødegaard has now become a central figure in the Solbakken crew. As well as captaining Arsenal.
At a press conference on Thursday, Solbakken revealed that Ødegaard was the man behind bringing a very high profile to the assembly.
– Yesterday Martin arranged. Then he became the initiator of the quiz with support staff and players. Then Dan Børge Akerø came in and asked a few questions. That’s pretty even, Solbakken said with a smile.
In front of VG, the quiz show host is very proud to have this opportunity.
– I’m not surprised to be asked, but I’m very proud to be asked, Akerø told VG.
He played football himself and earned three games for Skeid in the first division. He was an unused reserve for the same team in the cup final against the Vikings in 1974.
The topic of the quiz is of course international football. It was possible to get about 70 points on the quiz, and Akerø was impressed with the level.
– The best gets more than 60 points. These guys know what there is to know about international soccer. There were two teams who got the same score, so we had to decide by “sudden death”. There are very good quiz skills within the team.
When asked by NRK who impressed him the most, Solbakken replied:
– It was a mixed team that I don’t want to single out anyone, but WigsWigsBård Wiggen, Solbakken’s assistant on the national team not sharp at all, said Solbakken and grinned.
– FindFindBård Finne, Fire and national team striker. was up and running, he added.
The winning team consisted of Ola Solbakken, Jørgen Strand Larsen, Leo Skiri Østigård, Frode Grodås (goalkeeping coach), Are Hokstad (administrative staff coordinator) and Kristian Santiago Ankersen.
Information for VG: Solbakken drills first graders without Sander Berge
ULLEVAAL STADIUM (VG) Ståle Solbakken (55) looked to continue with the same midfield trio in the decisive match against…
Against Scotland on Saturday and Cyprus on Tuesday, Ødegaard is a natural choice in Solbakken’s midfield. It has been nearly ten years since young Ødegaard broke through in Norwegian football, and since then his career has been followed by everyone with an interest in football.
– I have come a long way since Martin was 15 years old. I feel it. I was a kid, being thrown around in the media and attention and all that. It’s not easy. I have had some experience and have been through a lot. Then you become more mature, says Ødegaard.
“Infuriatingly humble coffee guru. Travel practitioner. Freelance zombie fanatic. Certified problem solver. Food scholar. Student.”