As always, a rich information service from many sports disciplines awaits our readers. Material information, comments, opinions, current events.
Strengthening or adding?
The Polish champions, who will begin Champions League qualification on Tuesday, have already made two transfers. The first is John Yeboah. This is definitely one of the hottest moves in the Eksklasa. The other is Antonis Tsiftsis. The 23-year-old Greek player is Raków’s new goalkeeper. Częstochowa residents have been renting it from Asteras Tripolis for a while. The previous season had not been successful for him, but Jasna Góra had great faith in him. To make matters worse, this move would mean the possible departure of Vladan Kovacević. The Polish champions’ authorities have long repeated that they want to sell Kovacević for huge, as for Polish conditions, money. This will give him a major financial boost. His departure will bring a lot of anxiety to Jasna Gora. Not even a Tsiftis transfer would cut it. Especially that Greece has its supporters and opponents. The latter shows poor stats when it comes to appearances. 44 matches at the highest level in Greece. Just two in the last season in the main draw and five in the playoffs. This is not optimistic. More in Sports
They took a chance
The action of the 19-year-old GieKSa academy graduate sealed the win over his namesake from Jastrzębie. Players who grew up at the GieKSa academy, slowly entering the first league team from a positive side, showed themselves to everyone who visited Bukowa during the sparring sessions this summer without waiting for the league. A week ago, with Hutnik Kraków, goals were scored by Alan Bród and Kacper Pietrzyk. This time, in a confrontation with other players of the second league, victory was ensured by another representative of the class of 2004: Szymon Krawczyk, who took advantage of the absence of Jakub Arak, who returned to his disposal after arthroscopy, scored half an hour in the GKS attack and crowned this fact with a goal about the importance of winning. He found the back of the net after an Adrian Error, sparked by Pietrzyk’s already mentioned great play. In the second half, coach Rafał Górak fielded six young players. More in Sports
End of time
David de Gea is leaving Manchester United after 12 years. He has been criticized, but that doesn’t change the fact that he has been part of the history of a great club. He will be replaced by Andre Onana. What has been happening for a few days has happened. David de Gea, the 33-year-old Spanish goalkeeper, says goodbye to Manchester United. The English club have announced that they have yet to renew the player’s contract, which expires on June 30. The negotiations lasted for several weeks. Firstly, De Gea, keen to stay at Old Trafford, agreed to a significant reduction in his weekly allowance of £400,000 a week. In recent times, however, the “Red Devils” have wanted to cut his wages even more, and Erik ten Hag, manager of Manchester United, reports that De Gea will probably not play a significant role in the team from next season. The Spaniard did not agree to such a solution and therefore said goodbye to the club where he spent 12 seasons. More in Sports
In Monday’s issue of “Sport”:
- The “Blues” remain winless this preseason. In Zabierzów they drew with the I-league
- In two friendlies at the camp in Opalenica, Cracovia scored few goals. So far, he has only hit the net once. In the debate with Warta Poznań (1:1) Miguel Luis does it for him.
- Setting up for the first league season, GKS Tychy beat another Extractlasa player and after Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Radomiak won 2-1 with Śląsk Wrocław. However, the composition of Jacek Magiera’s team consists of young players
- Third sparring match and third loss to the “Highlanders” during the summer preparations. The defeat at Bielsko-Biała was even more painful because Forest didn’t bring anything new. All three goals were scored from set-pieces – corners, free kicks and penalties.
- Wisła Kraków won the second match, and Spanish striker Angel Rodado scored four of the six goals in the match.
- In Opole, they want him to score goals like this in games for points. Michał Bednarski came to Oleska in the previous season’s fall loop. He hasn’t made much of a splash, scoring 1 goal and 1 assist in 12 appearances in the premier league, but this summer he shot himself in a friendly.
- The resident of Jastrzębie, who is still equipping the team for the struggle for league II, tested several players in Katowice
- The Qatar national team was invited to take part in the CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament for the second time in a row. In 2021, they advanced to the semifinals which means they won a bronze medal. Now the hosts of the last World Cup will not repeat such success
- The result of the match between Poland and the rest of the world doesn’t matter. The most important thing for the national team selectors is to see the candidates for the Speedway World Team Cup which this year will take place at the end of July in Wrocław
- Santiago Konaszuk, born in Argentina and holding a Polish passport, served as quarterback for Dąbrowa Górnicza’s team. He is the third new player signed by the club before the season
- Polish center Aleksander Balcerowski scores eight points and five rebounds in his debut for the Boston Celtics in their NBA Summer League game against the Miami Heat in Las Vegas. Celtic lost to the NBA runners-up 88-99
- The Bielszczans will play in the CEV Confederations Cup in the new season, and not in the less prestigious Challenge Cup as previously planned
Main photo: Łukasz Sobala/PressFocus
“Reader. Future teen idol. Falls down a lot. Amateur communicator. Incurable student.”