A local man in his 70s died in a traffic accident in the Seljord on Wednesday night. In Trøndelag, a 60-year-old man lost his life hours later.
Relatives of the two victims have been notified.
Just before 8:30 p.m., police in Trøndelag reported a “very serious” traffic accident on E39. Both a car and a motorcycle were involved in the accident. Police were notified of the accident at 20.19.
A man in his 60s has been confirmed dead following a crash in Trndelag on Wednesday night.
– This is an accident problem with the motorcycle and the two cars involved. A motorcyclist in his 60s died. Those in the car were not physically injured. The reason is unclear, Trond operations manager Volden told VG.
The police are now examining witnesses.
– There were several witnesses to the accident, said Volden.
Police stated that the other people involved were not physically injured.
– Police and the accident group of the Norwegian Public Road Administration are investigating the incident at the scene and the road will remain closed for a longer period of time, police wrote.
The crisis team at Orkanger dealt with witnesses and other people involved in the crash. Relatives are also being cared for by the crisis team where they live, police said.
All those involved in the crash were in their 50s and 60s.
Recently, there have been a number of major and minor traffic accidents on Norwegian roads. On May 16, four people died following a traffic accident in the Steigen tunnel in Nordland. On Saturday 21 May, one person died after a head-on collision in Trndelag.
Seljord: One charged
In the Seljord, a local man in his 70s died after a traffic accident on Wednesday night. A man from Oslo, also in his 70s, was charged in the case.
Three other people were injured, according to. One of them, a man in his 60s, has been taken to hospital.
Three of the survivors suffered minor injuries, according to police.
Three cars were involved in a car crash in the Seljord near Brødlaus, the Southeast district police wrote on Twitter on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened on E-134. An air ambulance was called and emergency services were moved.
A detour marked on E134 passed the crash site.
The accident analysis group called
– The accident was reported to the police at 6:04 p.m., Trond operations manager Egil Groth told VG.
Apart from that, the police at that time did not have time to comment further regarding the accident.
In an update on 18.17, police informed that three of those involved appeared to be lightly injured, while one was seriously injured. The air ambulance will then arrive on the scene in ten minutes.
At 6:41 p.m., police wrote that the driver of one of the vehicles was taken to a hospital in Skien. For other car drivers, the situation is critical.
Police have notified forensic technicians and the Accident Analysis Group of the Norwegian Public Road Administration (UAG) for further investigation.
Emergency services are still working on the spot.
Three men and one woman are involved
– The people who get hurt the most are the boys. The other injured were two men and a woman, Trond Egil Groth told VG on Monday afternoon.
– All three drivers are men, women are passengers.
–What are the weather conditions at the location??
– Very nice. We don’t have any further details yet. There is life-saving first aid on site, the operations manager replied.
It was later discovered that the man who was most seriously injured had died.
Police are investigating the incident further. Therefore, the detour will be in effect for a long time, they say.
Trndelag: One seriously injured
Just before 8:30 p.m., police in Trøndelag reported a traffic accident on the E39. Both a car and a motorcycle were involved in the accident.
– This was a very serious accident with three vehicles involved and several people involved. Emergency services are still working at the site and roads will be closed for a long time, police wrote in a Twitter update at 9:08pm.
Emergency services are at work on the spot and roads will be closed for a long time, police informed.
– Police were notified of the accident at 8:19 pm, Trond operations manager Volden told VG.
– Someone was seriously injured.
“Hardcore zombie fan. Incurable internet advocate. Subtly charming problem solver. Freelance twitter ninja.”